Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
Cinnamon Rolls Looking for a tasty twist on pancakes? Check out this cinnamon roll pancake recipe. This particular recipe calls for a very particular type of mix for the pancakes; however, there is no reason why you can't use your own boxed...
Looking for a tasty twist on pancakes? Check out this cinnamon roll pancake recipe. This particular recipe calls for a very particular type of mix for the pancakes; however, there is no reason why you can't use your own boxed pancake mix of choice.
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup of whipping cream
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 cups of bisquick (or boxed pancake mix of your choice, keep in mind the eggs, milk/water, or other ingredients need to follow the directions on your boxed mix rather than those listed below!)
- 1 1/3 cups of milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 raisins (optional for those who don't like raisins!)
- In a small bowl, mix the powdered sugar and the whipping cream with a whisk. Set this aside for now because this will be the icing.
- In a medium sauce pan cook the brown sugar, butter, and cinnamon over medium heat. Be sure to stir often until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and keep it covered to keep warm.
- In medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix, milk and egg with fork or whisk until blended. Stir in raisins. (Tip: Remember you can use your own boxed mix; just follow the directions for the amount of eggs and milk needed. Also, remember the raisins are optional!)
- Heat a frying over medium-high heat. Grease griddle with either oil or cooking spray.
- Pour approximately 2 tablespoons batter onto hot griddle per pancake. Don't be afraid to adjust this amount depending on how big or small you want the pancakes to be.
- Cook until there are bubbles in the center and the edges of the pancake appear to be browning.
- Stack the pancakes with the still warm cinnamon mixture between each pancake and then pour the icing on top.
Consider adding a scoop of cool whip or even syrup for those with an even sweeter tooth! This is a sweet and tasty treat that is sure to be a big hit with the kids.
If you like the sound of this breakfast treat but want to try a slightly different variation, check out this slow-cooker cinnamon roll pancakes recipe. Using a slow-cooker can be much simpler than making pancakes the traditional way. Keep in mind, however, that there is a reason why the slow-cooker has earned the name it has! Be sure to start well in advance of breakfast time! (Although cinnamon roll pancakes would make a nice brunch...)
Please contact us for more great breakfast recipes and cooking tips.