Salty Meets Sweet - Part II
Chocolate Caramel Pretzel Brownies One of my latest blog featuring the Strawberry and Pretzel Surprise had so many sending me some great suggestions about other versions of Salty and Sweet treats. But this recipe for Chocolate Carmel Pretzel Brownies really...
One of my latest blog featuring the Strawberry and Pretzel Surprise had so many sending me some great suggestions about other versions of Salty and Sweet treats. But this recipe for Chocolate Carmel Pretzel Brownies really caught my eye for ease and uniqueness, and I do not even like chocolate!
The beauty to this recipe is that you are just combining some pre-packaged items for the success of these Chocolate Carmel Pretzel Brownies. A team mate in my early career taught me that store-bought brownie mix was a good thing to keep in one’s pantry. Her key to success was always to make two boxes of your favorite brand, by the brand directions, doubling the eggs, oil and water. She always created these treats and brought them to the office. This doubled batch really made a different brownie that everyone enjoyed, (and thought was homemade). The baking times were usually about 10 – 15 minutes more than the directions suggested. I am going to use this Joan suggestion and success as I share this recipe for Chocolate Carmel Pretzel Brownies.
Chocolate Carmel Pretzel Brownies
Chocolate Carmel Pretzel Brownies – adapted from Best Yummy Recipes.com
- 2 packages of boxed Fudge Brownies
- Oil, doubled by package directions
- Water, doubled by package directions
- Eggs, doubled by package directions
- 3 cups pretzels
- 1 jar of prepared caramel sauce
- Sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Butter a 9 x 13x 2 cake pan
- Prepare the brownie mixes, as directed by package. So, you will be doubling the eggs, oil and water and adding the two bags of brownie mix.
- You can hand-mix these ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour ½ of the brownie batter into the 9 x 13 x 2 pan.
- Top with 3 cups of pretzels.
- Add the remaining brownie mix and spread gently over the pretzels.
- Bake as directed, you will most likely need to bake these about 10 – 15 minutes longer than the directions.
- Never over-bake brownies.
- Cool on a rack for about 15 minutes.
- Then, spoon the caramel sauce onto the top of the brownies in an even layer.
- If the caramel sauce is too thick, microwave in a small bowl for about 30 seconds to thin out this sauce.
- Sprinkle the caramel with a few pinches of sea salt.
- Serve warm or allow to cool to room temperature to serve.
- *** I expect refrigerating these brownies would also create an interesting treat, but it might harden the caramel too much!
Does this recipe satisfy your Salty/Sweet craving?